GEExam 2018 – The concept of the ‘Graduate Excellence Examinations’ (GEE) has evolved from the excellent performance of the ‘Maharashtra Talent Search Examination’ (MTS) project, which has been conducted successfully by the, ‘Centre for Talent Search & Excellence’ (CTSE) of the M. E. Society, Pune, for the last twenty years. Candidates who are interested to take participate in the GEExam 2018 can check the complete information of GEExam 2018 like application form process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and other information through this page below.
Important dates for GEExam 2018 is given below.
|The duly completed forms must reach CTSE office||09 Dec 2017|
|Applications accepted with a late fee of Rs. 75/- upto||23 Dec 2017|
|Date of Written Examination||04 Feb 2018|
|Date of GD & PI||last week of Feb 2018|
|Date of Result||end Mar 2018|
GEExam 2018 GD/PI Selection
GD and PI selection has been announced on the official website. Candidates can check the selection by searching either by “College Wise” OR by “Individual”. Candidates can check the selection from the official website OR through the direct link which is provided below.
GD/PI Selection: Click Here to check the GD/PI Selection.
GEExam 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Any college student studying in the FY, SY or TY classes of degree course of any faculty.
- Students in the 4th year of their degree programmes (B.E / B. Tech) and those doing the master’s degree, are eligible only for T.Y. GEE.
- Students who are not pursuing their graduate / post graduate degrees in any recognized institution / college, are not eligible for any of the GEE examinations.
G.E.E. will have two streams. –
- Administrative Services (MPSC, UPSC)
- G.E.E. – Management Services (MBA,CAT,CET, Banking, Insurance and GRE Examinations). Students will have to opt either for Administrative Services or Management Services
G.E.E. will be conducted at the first, second and third years of graduation (F.Y.G.E.E./S.Y.G.E.E./T.Y.G.E.E.). The examination will be conducted once a year, On the 1st Sunday of February.
G.E.E. will consist of (a) Written Test (b) Group Discussion (G.D.) and Personal Interview (P.I.)
Scheme of Examination
The written test will consist of 150 questions for 300 marks, all of which are objective and to be attempted in 180 minutes i.e. 3 hours. The pattern of written test will be as follows:-
Group Discussion and Personal Interview (50 marks each) : There is no G.D. or P.I. for First year G.E.E. Only those students who qualify in the written test of S.Y. and T.Y.G.E.E. will be called for group discussion and personal interview.
1. All the answer papers will be assessed, using computerized methods.
2. Only top 10% to 5% students of S.Y. and T.Y.G.E.E. will be called for the G.D. and P.I.
Group Discussion (G.D.)
A subject of general interest will be the topic for discussion, for a group of 10-12 students. Two to three experts will evaluate the performance of the students as an individual and as group
Personal Interview (P.I.)
All the students called for G.D. will also face a personal interview, conducted by a panel of 2 to 3 experts. Credit will be based upon the students’ knowledge, communication skill, confidence, creativity, positive attitude and ability to suggest solutions to problems.